Friday, November 16, 2018

Day 4: Staying Low Key in Tamarindo

Crocodiles!
Had the best night of sleep I've gotten in weeks.  Bridget...well not so much.  Caleb was asleep on her on the couch in the living room.

Feeling recharged, I queued up Antibalas on the iPhone, plugged in headphones and went for a 3 mile morning jog just after sunrise.  I ran down the shoreline until I saw a warning sign for crocodiles.  I turned around and ran the other way down the beach until I saw another sign for crocodiles.  Then I turned around and ran on the street and back to the condo.


Grinds Breakfast #3
We headed back to Grinds for breakfast.  Caleb had a mango-banana smoothie.  Bridget and I both had breakfast burritos.  I opted for the red chiles inside my burrito. Our waitress was impressed that this gringo would go for the spicy stuff!  I learned that you down the hot beverage first...cappuccino for me...then you save the smoothie for the burrito.

We headed to the beach, but just for maybe an hour or so.  We tossed around a tiny basketball.  Caleb was not interested in walking on the beach, he wanted to be carried.  I got him moving down the beach by taking the basketball and just running alongside with him with the ball just barely out of reach.  The old carrot on a stick trick.  Caleb was also not interested in sunscreen.  The beach thing wasn't quite going to plan so we decided to spend the majority of our swim time at our pool at the condo.  We tossed around the basketball in the pool.  Caleb enjoyed his pool time. I had a Coco Loco to start off the swim-bar drinks.  The Coco Loco was nearly identical to the Dirty Monkey.  From there we made it easier on the bartenders.  Bridget enjoyed a Latin American Coca Cola.  I then finished her Coke with a rum.  From there we just enjoyed the Imperials.  

Howler Monkeys swinging from the branches next to our porch!

We headed back to the condo to each home cooked leftovers for lunch.  Lucky for us the howler monkeys were climbing the trees next to our porch.  We had seen them in the mornings throughout the trip but I believe this is the only time we saw them hanging out in the middle of the day.



Sunset Time-Lapse video from our table at Latitude Blue

Sunset from Latitude Blue

After some napping and hammock time, we headed to the beach to check out the sunset.  We took a left out of the condo area instead of a right to check out some new places to hang out.  We settled in at a very scenic table for happy hour at a beachfront bar called Latitude Blue.  Bridget ordered 2 for 1 sangrias; I had 2 for 1 mojitos.  The view was incredible.  Tamarindo Sunsets are not to be missed.  We were treated to another fire dancer show at Latitude Blue.  

For dinner we returned to the outdoor (roof covered) food court and had Caribbean food - chicken fingers and chicken curry and rum & cokes.  There was even a playset for Caleb to play while we ate.  He wanted to play with the bigger kids.  He went down the slide a few times but most of the time he hid in the basement house; especially when the much bigger kids were running around.  He even got mama to crawl in a few times.

Caleb & Mama in the Playhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment